Beautifully Blessed






     Whoa. Just take a second and let that soak in.

     The Lord of the universe has made promises to us. How crazy is that? And beyond the fact that He takes the time to think of us, we also know that He is faithful to fulfill those promises. And we are blessed when we choose to believe Him.

     I love the passage that this verse comes from. Elizabeth was pregnant in her old age, and Mary had just been told that she was to carry the Son of God. Although scary for both women, they both chose to trust God. I'm sure Mary was overwhelmed for many reasons, yet she ran to tell Elizabeth saying, "My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name..."

     Mary was not focused on her fear, but rather was focused on the greatness of God. This allowed her to see her blessings, rather than her worries.

     When we are overwhelmed, lost in our concerns, we must turn our eyes to the Father, trusting that He is good. It is when we believe that the Lord will fulfill His promises that we can truly understand just how blessed we are. 

Comments

Popular Posts