His Faithfulness > My Fears





"He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through... Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what is happening in our lives." ~ Francis Chan


I don't know about you, but I like control.  I like to know that I have everything figured out, that everything is organized and will go as planned.  However, God likes to remind me that I will never have everything figured out.  I am beginning to learn that He isn't teaching me this only for my sake, but for His.

In 26 short days I will be heading to Louisville to begin my training for my summer internship with Youth With a Mission (YWAM.)  I am so excited and blessed to have this opportunity, but I am also nervous.  I am anxious about raising the rest of my $1600 of support, and about leaving my family and my country for such a long time.  I am worried about planning a wedding in such a short time, and getting everything ready before starting school again in the fall.  

Last night these worries were beginning to overwhelm me, and I was unable to sleep.  It was in this moment of darkness, that God's truth brought light to my life.  God reminded me to be still, and calmed my fears.  He reminded me that my worrying has no benefit, and that when I trust in Him, He is glorified.  

If you catch yourself worrying, be reminded that God is greater than your concerns.  When you think you have everything figured out in your life, it will not take long for you to realize that your control is really not control at all.  We have no power over the choices that other people make and the way those choices affect us.  We do, however, have an option to allow those worries to overwhelm us.  Today, I am choosing to give my fears to the Lord, trusting that He is good and loves me more than I could ever imagine.

Comments

Popular Posts