Not of This World





Life is hard. Sometimes we can't understand why people act the way they do, or why things never seem to go as we would like. God knew that life would be crazy for us at times, which is why He gave us His Word. Whenever I hear the scripture, "Be still, and know that I am God." I just have to sit back for a second.

I can't help but picture God, cupping my face in His hands and saying to me, "My daughter, just stop. Be still for a moment. Take your eyes off of yourself. Take your focus off of your struggles and your failures. Focus on Me. Look at Me. Know that I Am in control." 

It is in these moments that I begin to understand the Peace that is talked about in Philippians 4: the Peace of God that surpasses all of our understanding. 

When we are still and allow Peace to wash over us, we can take our eyes off of ourselves and see that we were made for so much more. Living with a Heaven focus is crucial to living with joy. 

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." {John 16:33}

Comments

Popular Posts